This message can occur for a couple of different reasons:
- Sometimes your phone/tablet can lose the connection with your SPIN remote SDC-1 while updating. If this happens, your SDC-1 might get stuck in a mode which it cannot recover from and it will appear as if the App cannot find your SDC-1 anymore. The solution to this situation is to remove one of the batteries for a moment. When you put it back your SDC-1 will restart in the normal mode and you'll be able to update. You can recognize this situation as follows:
- The SDC-1 will keep its LED on and will be a blue color
- If you rotate it, there will be no vibration feedback
- The update process will also fail if you send the SPIN remote App to the background (by pressing the home button or by switching to another app) or if the screen of your phone turns off.
- It is also very important to keep your phone/tablet close to your SDC-1 while it is updating. Moving one away from the other could result in a loss of the connection.
If the update process keeps failing despite having taken the above points into account, please contact our support department at firstname.lastname@example.org or press the "submit a request" button at the top of this page.